If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you’re probably facing a lot of concerns right now. If you’re out of work, you’re probably questioning how you’ll pay your bills and just how far you’ll slip behind. An experienced Oklahoma City car accident attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve to get back on your feet financially, so you can focus on a healthy recovery.
Automobile Accidents are unpredictable. They can happen in the blink of an eye and can instantly change your life. Unfortunately, according to statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), every American will be involved in at least one accident in their lifetime.
The Devastating Effects of Car Accidents
There are over 6 million car accidents in the United States each year. Seventy thousand of those accidents happen right here in Oklahoma. We’d all like to think we can avoid becoming a part of that statistic, but the truth is, you could be involved in a car accident at any time and without warning.
Those who are involved in car accidents find their entire lives changed for the worse. You may be unable to work—whether temporarily or permanently—meaning you’ve lost your way to make ends meet. The problem could go on indefinitely. Meanwhile, you have mounting medical bills and no way to pay them. You’ve suffered damage to your quality of life and even to your relationships. You’re facing emotional trauma, pain and suffering, and a host of other issues. You deserve compensation for these problems.
What To Do After a Car Accident
if you were injured in an auto accident, what you do in the first moments is absolutely crucial. You’ll need to start gathering evidence right away, so thatyou can back up your story moving forward. There are several steps you should take:
- Get medical attention. Your injuries may be more serious than you think and, if you wait, the insurance company may claim your injuries are not directly related to the accident.
- Get the contact information and insurance information of the other driver.
- Get the contact information of any witnesses.
- File a police report. This will be essential in helping you remember the details of the situation as time goes on.
- Take as many photos and notes about the scene as you can. Get photos from every angle possible and as close as you can.
- Contact your insurance company. Tell the truth, but keep it simple and stick to the facts. Don’t try to spin things or editorialize. You’ll need to re-tell this story several times, so be sure to keep it as straightforward as possible.
- Talk to us. The Parrish DeVaughn Law Firm has a great track record for getting our clients the true value of their accident claims. We’ll gather all the evidence necessary to support your case—including police reports, photographic evidence, and statements from the responding officers and investigators, as well as from eyewitnesses.
Here are just a few of the injuries that can occur in a car accident:
- Back & Spine Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Soft Tissue Injuries (e.g. whiplash)
Each type of injury has specific considerations that a car accident attorney must deal with in order to file a claim for you.
You could be entitled to financial compensation for:
- Pain and Suffering
- Medical Bills
- Lost or Diminished Wages
- Permanent Disability
- Property Damage
- Repair Bills
Fighting the Insurance Company
Insurance companies are notorious for their non-payment tactics. They’ll go to great lengths to avoid paying out a claim. That’s because they don’t make money by paying out money. They’ll start out by pretending to be your best friend—the only one with compassion who cares about you. Then they’ll tender a sometimes insultingly-low offer for your injuries. When you refuse that offer, their demeanor will quickly change.
At this point, the insurance adjuster will start pointing out holes in your story. They’ll try to claim that maybe you’re not quite as hurt as you claim. They might claim your injuries are “pre-existing,” or that you’re not hurt at all. They may even say that you were the one really at fault, and threaten zero compensation if you go to court.
That’s why you need help from attorneys like Parrish DeVaughn, who have the experience to fight back, protect your rights, and make sure that the insurance companies remember who the victim really is.
The Parrish DeVaughn Law Firm Car Accident Attorneys
Every state has its own set of laws regarding personal injury litigation, and having an attorney in your corner with the experience and knowledge to move your case forward is essential to getting the compensation you deserve.
When you’re faced with insurance companies intent on refusing your claim, an Oklahoma City car accident attorney at the Parrish DeVaughn Law Firm has the experience to fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today! There is no charge for your consultation and no legal fees unless we recover money on your behalf.