Have you been injured on the job? If so, you may have unpaid medical bills and lost wages as a result of your work-related accident. A workers compensation attorney experienced in Oklahoma personal injury laws can fight on your behalf to protect your rights and help you get the money you deserve.
Workers’ compensation is an insurance program providing employees who are injured on the job with compensation for disability, as well as medical and rehabilitation benefits. An injured worker has the right to file a claim regardless of who is “at fault” for the accident that caused his or her injuries. These benefits can also be claimed by surviving dependents in cases of accidental death.
What should you do after a workplace injury?
- Report the injury to your supervisor immediately.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Make sure to keep all of your appointments.
- Keep your employer up to date with your situation and progress.
- Follow your doctor’s treatment plan.
- Contact your employer as soon as your doctor releases you for work.
Filing an Oklahoma workers’ compensation claim is time-consuming, and often confusing. By having a workers compensation attorney as your advocate, you can be sure that all necessary paperwork is complete and it is accurate. With offices in Oklahoma City, Edmond, and Tulsa, our lawyers at the Parrish DeVaughn Law Firm understand the process and will guide you through it step-by-step as you focus on getting better.
You may be entitled to financial compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent Partial Impairment (PPI)
- Permanent Total Disability (PTD)
Did you know?
Close to 5,000 work-related deaths are reported each year.
If you’ve lost a loved one in a fatal accident while they were on the job, contact us about filing a wrongful death claim.