Nighttime Driving Advice From an Auto Accident Lawyer
For some drivers, driving at night is a scary experience. The lack of light mixed with other factors make night driving different from driving during the day, which may require certain adaptations to your driving.
- If you are going to be driving at night, make sure your headlights are working well. Make sure they are clean, and replace any dead headlight bulbs. Be sure to turn on your headlights once it starts to get dark.
- Unfortunately, while your own headlights help you, other people’s headlights can be a hindrance to you when driving at night. Try to look to the side of the vehicle when a vehicle with its headlights on is coming toward you. Adjust your rearview mirror if the headlights on the vehicle behind you are reflecting off of your mirror, making it difficult to see.
- As a courtesy to other drivers, dim your brights when approaching other vehicles, and avoid driving too close to another driver when driving at night.
- There are more drunk drivers out at night, especially on weekends. When driving at night, be diligent about watching out for and avoiding drunk drivers.
- While you may also be tired when driving during the day, driving while tired is an even bigger issue when driving at night. Watch out for other drivers who are tired. If you are tired yourself, pull off of the road and rest for a few minutes, or get out and walk around to wake yourself up a little.
- While most people have a more difficult time seeing to drive at night than during the day, some people legitimately suffer from night blindness. If this is the case for you, make sure to resolve the problem before you attempt to drive at night.
- Diligently watch for pedestrians when driving at night, especially at crosswalks. Pedestrians wearing dark clothing or not paying attention to drivers can be difficult to spot at night.
Unfortunately, road accidents happen, even when you try to be a safe driver. If you were injured in vehicle accident, you may need the assistance of an auto accident lawyer. To avoid having your physical pains become financial pains, contact us right away after a car accident.